Love God ● Love People ● Make A Difference
Our Mission Statement to “Love God, Love People, and Make a Difference” is derived from two foundational teachings in the bible. The Great Commandment and The Great Commission.
In the Great Commandment Jesus responds to the question “what is the greatest commandment”, by stating “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind… the second is equally important: love your neighbor as yourself. The entire law and teachings of the prophets rest on these two commandments” Matt. 22:38-40
The Great Commission is what Jesus gives to his disciples just before he ascends into heaven, with these departing words he tells them “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teach them what I have commanded you and remember I am with you always to the end of time.” Matt. 28:19-20
From these foundational texts and a deep understanding of God’s unconditional love for his people and creation we feel it is our privilege and responsibility to respond to God’s love by loving Him and sharing that love with the people and world around us. This calls us to action, to be a church community that not only cares for people inside our walls, but one that also seeks to “go therefore” into our community with that love and make a difference in the world around us.
We strive to live out that Mission by being a church known for is Giving, Caring, Loving, and Sharing personality.
- We offer high-quality educational programs for children ages nursery through high school, including Good Samaritan Christian Academy (PK-5), Faith Lutheran Junior/Senior High School, educational ministries and a variety of summer faith-based camps.
- Active small groups ministry encompassing educational, fellowship and service opportunities
- Dedicated ministries for Gamblers Anonymous
- Personal community outreach through our Sandwich Ministry, Family Promise participation, Layette Ministry and Lutheran Social Services of Nevada participation.
- International outreach through our Global Mission program which includes fair trade sales, adopt a child, and clean water programs along with special activities like Operation Christmas Child, Dress a Girl Around the World and organized mission trips.
- Special events such as Remembrance Sunday, military and patriotic celebrations.